I love using laundry scent boosters. They make my towels and sheets smell so nice and I love how long lasting the scent is. It’s so nice to have them smell fresh even when they’ve been sitting in the linen closet for a few weeks. I’ve stared at the bottle for ages trying to figure out how to recreate those little pellets and quit paying $10 per bottle. You know…make my own Homemade Laundry Scent Booster.
I was talking to a friend about it, asking her to help me brainstorm and she reminded me that a different brand is crystals and not waxy pellets and that gave me the genius idea to try epsom salt and what do you know, it worked! So now I make my own Homemade Laundry Scent Booster and customize it with my favorite essential oils. It costs less and my sheets and towels still smell amazing!
Homemade Laundry Scent Booster Recipe
Credit: http://simplyshellie.com
Supplies
  • 2 Cups Epsom Salt
  • 15 drops Orange Essential Oil
  • 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
  • Mason Jar or other container for the Laundry Scent Booster


Directions
  1. In a mixing bowl combine the Epsom Salt and Essential Oils. Use a spatula to ensure the oils are fully incorporated.
  2. If you prefer a more mild scent, decrease the amount of oils. I prefer mine stronger – especially for items headed to the linen closet.
  3. Add laundry scent booster to a container. If you are using a citrus oil in your mix it’s best to store your scent booster in a class container. You can use a mason jar I found the glass bottle above at Michael’s. If you don’t have citrus oils in yours, repurpose an old container! I love using the old name-brand containers because they already have the measuring cups attached!
To Use
  • Add 1/8 to 1/4 a cup of Laundry Scent Booster directly to your washing machine tub before you begin the wash cycle.
  • This recipe yields 8-16 loads.
I made the recipe above with Orange and Lavender Essential Oils but you can use anything. I actually have several batches in the laundry cabinet and use whichever strikes my mood. Sometimes I just use Lavender. Want a citrus-y smell? Try Citrus Fresh or Lemon. Want something floral? Try Joy. Want something earthy? Try Patchouli. The possibilities are truly endless. Just grab your favorite oils and some Epsom Salt and get mixing!

1 comments:

 
Top